Coney Island Brewing Co.
Overview & Challenge
CIIC was tasked with planning and executing a ribbon-cutting event as part of the overall PR campaign for opening up Coney Island Brewing Co. CIIC met the challenge of staging a ribbon cutting ceremony, knowing that the brewery would be unveiled only for the afternoon, as it would not be open again to the public due to unforeseen delays.
Knowing that the brewery would not be officially open until the last week of summer, in a destination that is predominately known as summer destination, CIIC worked tirelessly to ramp up the ribbon cutting ceremony to get the neighborhood excited about the lively addition of the brewery.
- Reached out to key regional media to announce event details and on-site story opportunities
- Secure broadcast, print and online interview opportunities with brewery operations manager
- Secure attendance of New York City dignitaries such as Diana Reyna, Brooklyn Borough Deputy to the President
- Provide talking points to secured dignitaries
- Craft live social media posts to engage followers with an inside look at the event
CIIC’s campaign to launch Coney Island Brewing Co. included earned placements on broadcast news channels such as NY1, News 12 Brooklyn, WPIX and Fox 5 New York, in addition to placements in Brooklyn Paper and Bensonhurst Bean. Our efforts additionally planted a seed for future opportunities, as the ribbon cutting and grand opening gained the interest of reporters and editors for future opportunities with Coney Island Brewing Co. once officially opened.